Thank you for participating in the 18th Health, Tech & Trades Career Expo at the FargoDome on Thursday, December 2nd, 2021. This is your chance to showcase the employment opportunities available in your industry right here in the Red River Valley!
The Expo’s main focus is on ninth-grade students because many that age have not yet determined their career choices or post-secondary education plans. However, the Expo is open to upperclassmen and parents as well.
Exhibitor Packet Information
This page should answer any questions you have concerning the Expo and your role in this event. It contains an exhibitor list, a Dome map, a move-in schedule (if applicable), the Expo rules and regulations, career cluster and sample exhibitor questions, and a school schedule with student arrival times.
***Important: If you are a school or industry representative bringing several departments or industry partners to the Expo, it is your responsibility to pass along this email to those individuals so that they are also aware of the information included in this packet.
Included in the exhibitors’ list are your booth needs, including electricity, internet, and tables and chairs. Please make sure all company and contact information is listed correctly on the exhibitor list. If there are any changes or questions, please contact the HBA of F-M at 701-232-5846 and ask for Bryce (email@example.com) or Eric (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that we are strongly recommending masks for all exhibitors and students as some schools still have mask requirements. We do not have staff to strongly enforce or patrol this and will rely on as industry representatives to do your best to make it a safe event for everyone.
The following will be available leading up to the event. All exhibitors will receive an email noting when information is available!
- Exhibitor/Sponsor Contract 2021
- HTTC 2021 exhibitors
- Fargodome map Tables and chair amounts will be updated
- 2021 Move in schedule
- Questionaire careers
- 2021 School Schedule
What food is provided for exhibitors at the Expo?
Breakfast: A light breakfast including bagels, muffins, and coffee will be provided in the Exhibitor Hospitality area in the Northeast corner of the Dome floor.
Lunch: Subway box lunches and bottled water will be provided for lunch. Exhibitors can pick up their lunch during a short lunch break between 11:30-12:00. Please do not leave the Expo for lunch. If you did not RSVP for lunches on your contract, or if there have been any changes to your staff please contact the HBA by Monday, November 22nd.
***Please bring your own refillable water bottle.
What type of promotional giveaways are allowed/not allowed?
Having a promotional giveaway is encouraged and is a great way to draw students into your booth space. However, there are some giveaways that are more appropriate than others. Please follow these suggestions when selecting a giveaway for your booth space. If you have questions about an acceptable giveaway, please contact me prior to the event as I am happy to provide guidance.
- Encouraged items include writing utensils, pop-sockets, candy (please no nuts), earbuds, chip clips, USB thumb drives, portable chargers, sticky notes, etc. When selecting giveaways, please make sure the items could not be used as a weapon or be something that can be thrown.
- Giveaways that are not allowed include sharp items, bouncy balls, frisbees, stress balls, etc. Also, the Fargodome does not allow stickers. The Fargodome and the Expo committee reserve the right to ask any exhibitor to stop handing out their giveaway.
Finally, if you are considering a giveaway, please consider tying it to an activity in your booth rather than just being a straight giveaway. Many exhibitors have found success engaging students with hands-on activities in which they earn a “prize/giveaway”. By doing so, you will encourage more meaningful conversations and interactions with students.
How and when do I move my supplies into the Dome?
Walking in Your Supplies: Most exhibitors will walk in their supplies. Entry and parking from the east side main entrance or west side lot are suggested. Staircases to the Dome field level are located on the east and west sides only. All doors will be accessible from all parking lots from 6:00 – 8:30 am.
Elevators: The regular consumer entrance elevators are located on the east side main lobby (behind escalators), and bring you to the mid-field level in the north hallway near the NDSU locker rooms.
Move-in Schedule: Move-in begins Thursday, December 2nd at 6 a.m. If you requested the ability to drive into the Dome with your supplies, please review the move-in schedule to find your time. The overhead door is located at the north end of the field level. Use of it ends at 8:15 a.m. If you need the overhead door, you must have a prescheduled time. If special arrangements are needed, such as overhead door usage, electrical requirements, or forklift needs, they will need to be made by Monday, November 29th.
***Important: Exhibitors MUST provide their own extension cords.
When should my booth be set up and when do students arrive?
On the day of the Expo, students will begin arriving at 8:30 a.m. Exhibitors must have their booth set up and staffed by 8:15 a.m. Do not arrive at 8:15 a.m. to set up.
Rules and Regulations:
- Please refer to the “Rules and Regulations” for building-related questions. Respect the floor surface of the Fargodome by using only wrestling mat tape and proper surface coverings for construction.
- The Fargodome does not allow drones.
- Photographing or videoing of students is not allowed by exhibitors.
- Look for directional signage to the exhibitor hospitality area, or ask someone in a blue sweatshirt with the Career Expo logo on the back. The hospitality area will be located at the northeast end of the Expo. Breakfast, coffee, water, and lunch will be available at this location.
- For decorating needs other than those that come with the exhibit space, call Paul with Fargo Rental at (701) 532-1448, or email him at email@example.com. A 10 x 10 booth comes with 1 table and 2 chairs, 8’ high back drape, and 3’ high side rails. It does include table skirting if desired.
Other important information:
- Look for a person in a blue sweatshirt with the Career Expo logo on the back to help you. It is our goal to help you, the exhibitor, as much as possible. If you have a problem or question during the Expo, please don’t hesitate to ask.
- Don’t forget to wear your company nametags.
- Students will only have approximately one hour to tour the Expo. Check out the list of questions students may ask while visiting your booth. Be prepared to answer them.
- Make sure that your exhibit is interactive, colorful, and interesting. Around 3,600 freshmen and upperclassmen from almost 40 schools are expected. Showcase your industry to these students!
- Promote safety to the students by providing safety gear needed for your hands-on activity. Demonstrate by using it or wearing it. This is an interactive Expo; be sure to include the students in your demonstration! If possible, rotate your staff so someone is available at all times to answer questions.
When can I start moving out my supplies after the Expo?
Students will be on the floor of the Fargodome until 2:00 pm. An announcement over the loudspeaker will be made after all students have left the floor and when it is safe to start packing up your booth space. In an effort to be respectful of the students still on the floor, please refrain from tearing down before all students have left the floor. It is unsafe and unprofessional.
Move-out begins at 2:00 p.m after all students have left the floor. Everything must be removed, including garbage, before 3:30 p.m. Please contact the HBA if special arrangements for move-out need to be made. The Career Expo is not responsible for items or contents left after the event concludes. Exhibitors are responsible for cleaning up trash in their exhibit area. During takedown and removal, all doors will be accessible for items to be carried out. The overhead door of the Fargodome will not open for exhibitors to drive in for their supplies until all students have left the floor. If you need to drive in to pick up your supplies at the end of the Expo, please have patience and use caution.
In Case of Inclement Weather:
If all metro schools (Fargo/Moorhead/West Fargo) are in session, the Expo will take place. If rural schools open late, they may not arrive when scheduled but as they are able to. Any closing announcements will be submitted to KVLY, WDAY, and KFGO.
If you have any questions regarding any of the information, please contact the HBA at (701) 232-5846 or email firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com. Thank you for supporting the Career Expo. We look forward to seeing you there!